Degenerate Beauty Queen


















I think I day dream way too often. Can a person be a chronic day dreamer?? Well, if one can, I definitely am. Maybe it's because I don't sleep at night, but I am so often lost in a dreamy haze. Especially when I'm driving and listening to a really great song that makes me feel like a character in an epic novel. Sometimes I pretend I'm a heroine driving into the sunset on an open road, with no destination - only possibility. Perhaps it is when I do actually sleep (I have had insomnia since a child so the most I sleep a night is four hours. Six hours is like heaven) I have atrocious, violent nightmares which tend to torture my already-jumbled psyche. So I suppose these day dreams are a sort of escape for me. Anyway, the reason I shared this is because these pictures kind of remind me of my day dreams - hazy and a little romantic but with a hint of edge. (I'm also quite obsessed with this bowler hat, just saying).

Just a quick shout out to my wonderful and dear friend, Lauren Boyd, for taking these beautiful pictures at her amazing new house :) Thank you so much, Lauren!!! :) xx

What do you guys day dream about?? Any other insomniacs out there?? :)

Love & light,
M xx

12 comments:

  1. Love the pics! Looking sweety and lovely and i adore your hair! *^* Baciiiii

    ReplyDelete
  2. its a pleasure! love the effects you put on the photos! love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your not the only insomniac girl! :D I'm totally with you on this. I can't sleep for the life of me. Great outfit btw!

    http://beautifulfreaks17.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, You have amazing style and yours so beautiful :) Love you blog
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. thnx for followiing.. followed u back.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the hat. It looks so good on you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. hello from a fellow insomniac! haha! Thanks for following me, I'm gonna follow right back :D you have really cool style, your photos are very atmospheric xoxo

    http://thepersephonecomplex.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lois, I saw you comment on another blog I follow that you had just started out and thought I would come and give you some support. SO I started following you on GFC and boglovin and joined you in my google circles. I hope you can follow back in the same ways honey. Your blog is beautiful, so many lovely photographs, good luck with your blogging.
    Angela x

    http://british-bargains-and-beauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Followed.... GFC, number 40!!!!
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for stopping by my blog and following me, it means alot :D
    I'm following you too!

    xoxo Elena.
    http://shybutsecretlyfab.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've got great style!! I love your blog :)

    Clare xxx
    http://a-woman-ofsubstance.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete